CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 27, 2012

Upcycling=Creative Crafty Gifts!

If you are like me, you save anything remotely possible that looks like it can used on a scrapbook page, card or project! I save so much stuff I practically have to hide it from my husband because if he finds it he will throw it away. Recently while giving my daughter's room a major cleaning, I stumbled on an old dry erase board she had. It was a mess, scribbles all over, stickers stuck everywhere...well, I just could not throw it away, I knew I could do something with it. So with a little paint, some cork board (which my husband eh hem....had hoarding away) some scrappy papers and some embellishments, and for the pencil holder I used an old plastic coffee can and cut it right down the middle...a new board was created! I am so sorry that I completely spaced out taking a before picture...but here is the after...

To me this just did not look complete so again, the hoarder that I am found an old clipboard and did a few things to "gussy" it up and made it a calendar to go with the corkboard...

I still had one more thing that I thought would work with the enssamble, an old chipboard clothes hanger from Build A Bear...makes for a really cute door hanger....

I was in a real crafty mood this month so I also made a wall hanging for my daughter's room or for her door...

For this project I used 2 of the same scalloped papers. I used one for the back and for the front one I cut the scallops off and cut strips of that wonderful chipboard that we all save from our orders and covered it with matching ribbon to use as a base for the top layer...

2 comments:

Jodi said...

WOW!! You have been super busy!! Your projects are amazing!

Chrissy said...

You are SMOKIN' right now! These projects for upcycling are amazing! I love them all and that wall hanging is amazing. I love how your style is evolving and how you are branching out and trying new things. You are one seriously talented lady!