CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 7, 2013

I am ready for Spring....

Thanks for stopping by...if you came from the Ruby Rock-It Carnival Blog Hop...click here 
Here in Chicago we really can't complain. Our winter was a relatively mild one...only about 1-2 inches of snow all the way through February. Now that spring should be making an appearance soon it has finally started to make up for all of that lack of snow. We had a mild 'storm' last week dropping about 3-4 inches and now on Monday we got hit with about 8-10 inches. Not liking winter making such a late entry...I am ready for spring. So, to get me in the mood I thought I would share with you a spring bouquet I made (maybe some of you saw this recently on HSN for the WRMK debut of the Mini 8/ 2 Edge Border punch). I cut strips in all the different Simply Spring papers and then used the border punch to make accordion flowers. Added some fabric brads for the center and decorated an empty canister using more papers and die cuts from the same line and ended up with a beautiful spring bouquet centerpiece.

For my layout I used the Simply Spring collection again and showed the different ways these punches can be used. I made a border background using the outside punch, and I used both punches to create a little doily. The little squares are the scraps from using my Mini 8 punch (I save the scraps when I use it, you never know when they will come in handy)

I hope this help put a little spring to your day...thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lillian Child said...

Love Alyson's smile!! Sweet page and your spring flower project is just delightful!

Moonie said...

I have awarded you with a lovely Leibster award.... your blog is beautiful... love reading it x
love your latest creation hun... have a great day.. hope its warmer over there for you xx

floridagirl said...

great layout and love the flowers too!! My daughter's name is Allyson also!!