CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 11, 2012

In case ya missed it before...here it is agian!

Last weekend we had a blog hop with the Ruby Rock-It team. I made a tri-shutter card for my mom. I got such a wonderful response on the card I thought I would make another and put up some instructions on how to make one of your own. I have put this tutorial up before but it is so far back I figured it wouldn't hurt to put it up again...that way in case you missed it before you don't have to go searching. For my card I used Ruby Rock-It Sugar Candy Cardstock, the Ruby Rock-It Fundamentals Vellum and some lovely Ruby Rock-It/Bella Bling!
So now let's get started on that card...You will need 1 piece of cardstock measuring 5 1/2 x 12. Once you have that cut...on the 12 inch side you are going to score at 2-4-8-10 inches.
Now, set your cardstock on the 5 1/2 inch side and measure 1 1/4 inch. Carefully cut from the 2 inch mark to the 10 inch mark. Turn the paper over and repeat.
Now fold at the score lines but here's the "key" part. You are going to push the first valley fold outward (only in the center) and the second mountain fold inward. Ta-da! A tri-shutter card base. Close the card and use a bone folder to make the creases crisp. Embellish to your liking.

No comments: